This release includes the custom range track bars used in NodeXL's dynamic filters dialog box. They are general-purpose controls that can be used in other applications.
The RangeTrackBar control is used to select a range of numbers. It looks like this:
The DateTimeRangeTrackBar control is used to select a range of DateTime values. It looks like this:
To use the controls:
- Unzip the Zip file into any directory.
- Right-click anywhere in the Visual Studio Toolbox and select Choose Items from the right-click menu.
- In the .NET Framework Components tab of the Choose Toolbox Items dialog box, click the Browse button.
- In the Open dialog box, select the prebuilt Smrf.WinFormsControls.dll file.
- The RangeTrackBar and DateTimeRangeTrackBar controls will appear in the Toolbox.
- Drag one of those controls to your form.
- See the "RangeTrackBar" and "DateTimeRangeTrackBar" topics in the WinFormsControls.chm help file.
You may see nothing but empty topics when you attempt to view the WinFormsControls.chm help file. To fix this problem, which is due to a security restriction in Internet Explorer, right-click the chm file in Windows Explorer, select Properties, and click the Unblock button on the General tab.
You do not need the source code to use the controls, although the source code is included in the release.