What It Is
NodeXL Excel Template 2014 displays and analyzes network graphs created from edge and vertex lists stored in an Excel workbook. It is compatible with Excel 2007, Excel 2010 and Excel 2013.
Please help support the development of NodeXL with your donation
Are you upgrading from an older version of the NodeXL Excel Template?
If so, you must uninstall the older version
before you install NodeXL Excel Template 2014.
You can now set different fonts for edge, vertex and group labels.
NodeXL will now automatically update itself when a new release becomes available.
See the Complete NodeXL Release History
for more information.
How to Install and Run It
- Are you upgrading from an older version of the NodeXL Excel Template? If so, you must uninstall the older version before you install NodeXL Excel Template 2014.
- Download the NodeXLExcelTemplate2014Setup.exe file from this page, then run it.
- If you are asked to accept the "Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x86 and x64)", click the Accept button.
- When you are asked "Are you sure you want to install this customization?", click the "Install" button.
- In the Windows Start menu or Start screen, search for "NodeXL", then click "NodeXL Excel Template" in the search results.
Read This if You Are Upgrading From an Older Version
- As mentioned above, you must uninstall the older version before you install NodeXL Excel Template 2014. If you don't do this, NodeXL Excel Template 2014 will install successfully, but you will get an error message when you attempt to run the new version. (The error message includes the word "COMException.")
- If you use third-party graph data importers, such as the Social Network Importer for NodeXL, note that the folder where the importers are stored has changed. See Using third-party graph data importers in NodeXL Excel Template 2014.
- If you use the NodeXL Network Server, an advanced command-line program that downloads a network from Twitter and stores the network on disk in several file formats, note that the program is no longer a part of NodeXL Excel Template. See How to use the NodeXL Automation Tools.