The NodeXL Excel template displays a network graph using edge and vertex lists stored in an Excel 2007 or Excel 2010 workbook.
Please help support the development of NodeXL with your donation
This release includes some major changes in NodeXL's Twitter importers.
If you use NodeXL to import Twitter networks, please review these changes
. The Twitter importers in earlier versions of NodeXL will stop working on Tuesday, May 7, 2013.
See the Complete NodeXL Release History
for information on other changes in this release.
Follow these steps to install and use the template:
Installing for multiple users:
- Download the Zip file.
- Unzip it into any folder. Use WinZip or a similar program, or just right-click the Zip file in Windows Explorer and select "Extract All."
- Close Excel if it's open.
- Run Setup.exe. You need to be an administrator to do this. (You don't need to be an administrator to actually use the NodeXL template once it's installed, however.) The setup program might install some Microsoft prerequisites. These are the Microsoft. .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, the Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies, and the Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Office System 3.0 Runtime Service Pack 1.
- Delete the unzipped files. They're no longer needed.
- Register. If you didn't register while running Setup.exe, please do so here. Registration is optional.
- Use the template. In the Windows Start menu, click "All Programs" (Windows 7 or Vista) or "Programs" (XP), then "NodeXL," then "Excel Template."
There is an option in the setup program to install for "Just Me" or "Everyone." Most people should accept the default "Just Me" option. If you think you need the "Everyone" option, please see How to install NodeXL for multiple users
for more information.
- Windows 7, Vista, or XP. (Will also work within Parallels Desktop and VMware Fusion on the Mac.)
- Office 2007 or 2010.
Please see the Complete NodeXL Release History