Discussions under General

Please note that NodeXL used to be called ".NetMap".  Some of the older discussions in this list refer to the old name.

"impossibile eseguire la funzionalità personalizzata nell'applicazione"

first post: sampugnaro wrote: I use often nodexl for my research. Recently my computer crashed ...

invalid license

first post: cuhuhdavis wrote: I've been using NodeXL Pro without any problems for about a week bu...

latest post: Francesco23 wrote: I have also had this problem, I keep getting the "Invalid license" ...

Error when attempting to collect graph metrics

first post: nurshek wrote: Here is the errror message that pops up when trying to collect grap...

latest post: christinrj wrote: Same problem here. Trying to urgently run some analysis but it only...

problem with facebook recipe

first post: eivlassi wrote: that messages appers when I am trying to calculate metrics: NodeXL ...

Invalid license error with NodeXL Pro

first post: sparise wrote: I’m trying to install my existing license on a different desktop PC...

Error On NodeXL

first post: dantrus wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

latest post: dantrus wrote: Any help with the Error am getting above

Dynamic filters disappearance

first post: ElodieMarie wrote: Hi, I added "Oher columns" in my vertices worksheet : dates of Bi...

What is the Dynamic filter column ?

first post: ElodieMarie wrote: Hi, I am a real beginner with NodeXL, but I have to learn using ...

What about source codes?

first post: Win32nipuh wrote: Is it possible to get source codes? Thank you

Error message when running Automate

first post: wikarpen wrote: Hi, I downloaded a NodeXL options file from the Graph Gallery, th...

Error import timeline Facebook

first post: barrripdmx wrote: there is a problem? No import nothing information. solution? B...

dual edge color

first post: ayee wrote: is it possible to assign a dual edge colour (like the chord diagram...

Installation error

first post: simply2smart wrote: Hi, I am a regular user of NodeXL. Recently, my system broke and ...

Activating NodeXL Pro

first post: JeanSinger wrote: I have a new license for NodeXL Pro on my laptop and have followed ...

problem error

first post: baryjo11 wrote: Have this problem COMException Exception HRESULT:0x800A03EC

IMPORT TWITTER NETWORK

first post: gvsbdisco wrote: I am evaluating nodexl pro and working from the Hansen, Shneiderman...

Error open nodexl pro

first post: barrripdmx wrote: Hi, This is my problem... https://youtu.be/2bMX0GC5q9U Window...

latest post: barrripdmx wrote: Solucionado. Uninstall Reset PC Install

Issue on importing other language (Persian) hashtags data from twitter

first post: amiralemi wrote: Issue on importing other language (Persian) hashtags data from twit...

NodeXl Longitudinal Network

first post: Mohsin36295 wrote: Is there anyway to study longitudinal network using nodexl?? i want...

Surface Pro 4 NodeXL Installation Always crashes on Startup.

first post: Nicklalone wrote: Have been having some trouble getting NodeXL to work on my Surface ...

Pulling Facebook Comment Data

first post: obeyl wrote: Right now I'm trying to quickly pull facebook data in NodeXL pro. ...

latest post: obeyl wrote: I'm also able to pull all of the commenters/likers on the page and ...

FUNCTION FOR GRADUATING EDGE COLOR

first post: ayee wrote: can anyone please assist me with a function, or how to write a func...

date format is not clear and downloaded posts are icomplete

first post: rawda wrote: Hello every one I have four problems and looking for your help 1)...

Graph Distace

first post: goswa2016 wrote: Dear Sir, How can I estimate graph distance ( graph edit distance...

Best way to get replies/mentions network

first post: Tomwallace wrote: Hello, I'm trying to collect twitter mentions and replies for a ne...

Sentiment analysis

first post: benrobin wrote: Hi, Sorry if this question has an easy to find answer but I searc...

latest post: goodideas wrote: Never mind. Sorry. My pro version worked fine. It seems the basic v...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!You can find the featu...

Problem solved

first post: Terezinha wrote: Thanks to Node XL support. Problem solved.

KEY LICENSE

first post: Terezinha wrote: Please, I haven't received my license yet. Bought Node yesterday ...

InvalidCastException Error

first post: surfer69 wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

Book Sample Files for Social roles in email network

first post: PankajSharmaNZ wrote: Hi, I am doing email analysis with NodeXL.I have read the book an...

Error importing from Twitter Search Network

first post: kaefe wrote: Since today my NodeXL Pro started giving me problems when I try to ...

ERROR: [Win32Exception]: The directory name is invalid

first post: demo007 wrote: Hi, I got this error. Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks NodeXL An ...

answered by: demo007 wrote: Hi, I got this error. Any ideas how to solve it? Thanks NodeXL An ...

Error with Dynamic Filters in Graph Section

first post: Nicklalone wrote: Hi all, Have a customized sheet that I coded by hand. Edges and Ve...

Problem occuring when importing from facebook fan page

first post: venia wrote: Details: [OutofMemoryException]: Exception of type System.OutofMemo...

Self-Loops in the Vertex Lists. How can I look at @mentions?

first post: LuisaKuensberg wrote: I want to analyse journalists on Twitter and whom they engage with ...

sample

first post: porbison wrote: I am a middle school teacher and would like to share nodexl with my...

Calculate cluster centrality

first post: ioapap wrote: Hello, I was wondering if there exists an easy way to calculate ...

How to access nodeXL objects from VBA

first post: nsilverblatt wrote: I am using the nodeXL Social Network Importer to obtain Twitter dat...

import Youtube data

first post: shinejessi wrote: Hello, Would you please explain about YouTube importing system? ...

latest post: gargartsai wrote: Hello, I'm trying to Import YouTube "channel ID" , but it can't n...

INSTALLATION ERROR FOR WINDOWS 7

first post: justadachi wrote: Component Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64) has failed to ...

latest post: justadachi wrote: I installed Nodexl from cnet and the download was successful. But i...

Please help to solve this problem that I encountered!

first post: yalgv7 wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

Add follows edge

first post: septainigo wrote: Is there any way for NodeXL to add the follows edge to an existing ...

Free and Pro editions on same computer

first post: Tamiri wrote: Hello, Can I have the free version and the Pro version installed o...

Error buy license

first post: barrripdmx wrote: how buy license? Page http://www.smrfoundation.org/license/studen...

Newbie Error (Please help)

first post: socialresearcher wrote: I am attempting to import posts from a Facebook fanpage with NodeXL...

Newbie problem - Can't load Document Actions

first post: jasdeep1989 wrote: Hi there, So I download the kite example but when I open it, it d...

Problem loading program

first post: barrripdmx wrote: Hi, The installation without problems Problem loading program. T...

latest post: barrripdmx wrote: Before the license there are no problems.

exporting to Gephi - keep duplicate edges in GraphML format

first post: lwolf wrote: Hello everyone, I would like to export my NodeXl Data for visualiz...

LinkedIn Importer?

first post: jmlight0 wrote: I was wondering what the status was for a LinkedIn importer module ...

latest post: dianaascher wrote: I do believe you can export your LinkedIn network, and then modify ...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL. LinkedIn does not of...

How to install NodeXL for multiple users

first post: tcap479 wrote: [This topic applies to NodeXL versions 1.0.1.150 through 1.0.1.251....

latest post: isinfrastructure wrote: Hi, I would appreciate if I could get a copy of any type of instal...

answered by: tcap479 wrote: [This topic applies to NodeXL versions 1.0.1.150 through 1.0.1.251....

Clarification on Twitter volume/date limits

first post: wilchivs wrote: Hi NodeXL Team, Can you clarify for me please exactly how the Twi...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Twitter's public fre...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Twitter's public fre...

Help ! No network Error Message on Facebook Group

first post: alejandragarciadv wrote: I'm an admin for a closed groups on Facebook and want to exam thei...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL. Closed groups on Fac...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL. Closed groups on Fac...

newbie issues memory + filters

first post: dougo6905 wrote: Hi. I'm trying to get NodeXL template to spit out some information ...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! 1. You probably need...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! 1. You probably need...

[CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException]

first post: Mupert wrote: Hello, I'm trying to open an Excel file created by my teacher in an...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Please see: https://www.connectedaction.net/trust-issues-and-excel-...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Please see: https://www.connectedaction.net/trust-issues-and-excel-...

Can you analyze re-tweet frequencies of different usernames using Pro?

first post: knorville13 wrote: I am interest in looking at the re-tweet frequencies of followers o...

Interesting in buying Nodxl

first post: Magnus87 wrote: Hi! I am working on a University project where I am mapping Buy a...

error message on dynamic filters

first post: ayee wrote: help please error message on dynamic filters will not allow me to u...

Remote server error

first post: tascaynar wrote: Hello, thank you first of all for this useful SNA programme. I'm us...

Is there a suggestion as to how long it will take to execute this NodeXL search on Twitter

first post: janyhansen wrote: Twitter users I'm interested in is 300, entered into "The twitter u...

latest post: janyhansen wrote: After about ten hours of running (and some realistic thinking) I k...

Query regarding exception occurring while forming groups

first post: arya_aashima wrote: when i attempt to form groups of imported data by selecting option ...

nodexl in windows 10 and office 2016

first post: ayee wrote: This discussion is essentially in response to all those comments ab...

Query about the free license for NodeXL Basic

first post: PhilipKwan wrote: We are very interested with your software “NodeXL Basic”. We shall ...

Multiple Facebook fan pages + multiple Twitter hashtags

first post: tboots wrote: Hi, I need to know what the best approach is for monitoring a num...

Import JSON data from Twitter Streaming API to build a network from

first post: curtis_h wrote: If my understanding is correct, the Twitter Search feature is based...

latest post: Dex181 wrote: Hey, any news about this getting implemented in the actual NodeXL t...

Remove Import From Twitter Search Network From NodeXL Basic

first post: mattsmothers wrote: Is there any way to remove a user's ability to utilize the "Import ...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL. It is not possible t...

MATHEMATICAL FORMULAS

first post: VMASIAS wrote: Dear all, Im looking the formulas of centrality measures implemen...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL. NodeXL uses the SNAP...

Download all RTs of a tweet?

first post: wilchivs wrote: Hi all, Is there a way to download all retweets of a specific twe...

latest post: wilchivs wrote: Hi Arber, I've just been looking at the update to NodeXL Pro conta...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! Right now it is not...

Twitter 1.5 Network

first post: ChrisFromDC wrote: Is it possible in the Pro version to download a Twitter 1.5 network...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, unfortunately this is not possible anymore since Twitter in...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, unfortunately this is not possible anymore since Twitter in...

Initial startup error

first post: jmlight0 wrote: I recently purchased a copy of NodeXL Pro and installed it on my wi...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL Pro! Please send an e-mail to i...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL Pro! Please send an e-mail to i...

Relationship types. Instrumental definitions.

first post: VMASIAS wrote: Dear all, I need a clear operational definition of the following ...

latest post: VMASIAS wrote: Thanks Marc!!!!

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL and the Twitter import...

After applying the filter the value of the degree is still remain why?

first post: Bukhari wrote: I am using Nodexl on my data. When I applied filter, it changed the...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! I am not sure I understand the...

Original Search Criteria

first post: ritasteyn wrote: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to retrieve information a...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! If you have selected to import...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! If you have selected to import...

Error Message

first post: ritasteyn wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, this is an error coming from Excel and is very difficult t...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, this is an error coming from Excel and is very difficult t...

NodeXL installation error

first post: PatrickJanssen wrote: When trying to install NodeXL, I receive the following error messag...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! From the error message it look...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! From the error message it look...

Error while groupping by Clusters

first post: FRossier wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, this is an error coming from Excel and is very difficult to...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, this is an error coming from Excel and is very difficult to...

Group Labels - Autofill not filling in source column

first post: ritasteyn wrote: Hello, I am trying to get group labels for my groups. I have read t...

combining multiple imports

first post: ritasteyn wrote: I have tried without success to combine multiple workbooks. I tried...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Not easily. But please contact us via email (info@smrfound...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Merging NodeXL workbooks is problematic, but it can be done...

cleaning of social media data in NodeXL

first post: sarahquinton5 wrote: Hi I wonder if anyone can help me - as a non programer -I need to...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: For a guide to semantic network analysis with NodeXL see: https://...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: For a guide to semantic network analysis with NodeXL see: https://...

Importing the data to nodexl

first post: yilmaz wrote: Hi everyone, I am doing a PhD and focus on online communities. I w...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! NodeXL does not yet ...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! NodeXL does not yet ...

number of nodes in connected components

first post: maroca wrote: Dear all, although NodeXL give the total number of connected compo...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Yes, you can count t...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Yes, you can count t...

The network is empty error

first post: Abdsamad wrote: Hi, I just installed my NodeXL Pro on my laptop. Anytime i try to...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Can you share the na...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Can you share the na...

Word associations rather than people associations on NodeXl?

first post: sarahquinton5 wrote: Can anyone help with creating a semantic network for word frequency...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Yes! NodeXL has a fe...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Yes! NodeXL has a fe...

Failed to render graph

first post: whisnu78 wrote: NodeXL An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! As the error suggests, your co...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! As the error suggests, your co...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

first post: suesuesuesue wrote: Hello. I've just checked all of disscussions about this problems an...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, please send an e-mail to info@smrfoundation.org and we will...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, please send an e-mail to info@smrfoundation.org and we will...

Number of followers

first post: PatrickDW wrote: Hi. I have done a Twitter User Network Search, and I found out that...

latest post: PatrickDW wrote: Thank you for this clarification! Grtz Patrick

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! We have recently (v....

Unexpected error

first post: gmacscotland wrote: Hello, I keep getting this error when trying to upload to NodeXLGa...

latest post: gmacscotland wrote: Thanks Marc, I've upgraded to 16GB RAM (my max) and can process mor...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! The error you receiv...

Facebook Import of 1 Post needs more than 1 hour

first post: pdaxebnichler wrote: Hi, is it normal, that an import of 1 facebook-post with about 40...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Please have a look at: https://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Gr...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Please have a look at: https://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Gr...

Silent swith for NodXL Excel Template 1.0.1.350

first post: subhanbabu wrote: Hi Team, We are trying to install NodXL Excel Template 1.0.1.350 ...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! NodeXL is a ClickOnce setup an...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for using NodeXL! NodeXL is a ClickOnce setup an...

Error Message after License Renewal

first post: goodideas wrote: Hi I just got a renewed license. Now when I open the template an e...

latest post: goodideas wrote: The problem is solved. I don't think it's because of using the lice...

answered by: goodideas wrote: The problem is solved. I don't think it's because of using the lice...

Twitter Import option not working properly

first post: tulissima wrote: Hello, and good morning. I'm using NodeXL Pro to import content f...

latest post: Ewoknophobia wrote: @MarcSmith I am running into a similar issue. I'm trying to pull tw...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Twitter limits all...

Boolean combinations of conditions on vertex visibility

first post: adnakh wrote: If I wanted to see only the vertices whose clustering coefficient i...

latest post: adnakh wrote: Dear Marc Smith, I will be again teaching a unit on SNA in m...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Filtering vertices and edges with complex, compound filters is simp...

Unable to register my Version of NodeXL Pro

first post: pdaxebnichler wrote: Hey, last week a purchased the academic-licence für NodeXL Pro. T...

latest post: arber wrote: Hi Patrick, to use your new license you have to copy it on top of ...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! NodeXL has been spli...

Gould & Fernandez brokerage in NodeXL?

first post: JeanSinger wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to run Gould & Fernandez brokerag...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! NodeXL does not (yet...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! NodeXL does not (yet...

Can you speak to any limitations on the volume that is retrievable from Facebook?

first post: sixlevel wrote: I understand that both Twitter can throttle your calls and that thi...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Facebook has a diffe...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! Facebook has a diffe...

Import TAGS Twitter data into NodeXL?

first post: goodideas wrote: I would like to ask if anyone knows how to import Twitter data scra...

latest post: goodideas wrote: Hi Martin, I think I found an error in this example of extracting v...

answered by: mhawksey wrote: This is something I'm hoping to improve in TAGS. In the meantime if...

Not able to calculate directed metrics

first post: goodideas wrote: I imported some data into NodeXL via Excel and there are clearly re...

latest post: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! It may be that you h...

answered by: MarcSmith wrote: Hello! Thank you for the interest in NodeXL! It may be that you h...

Unable to open saved files

first post: pdaxebnichler wrote: Hey, I work since today with NodeXL and saved some test-files (Win...

latest post: pdaxebnichler wrote: Hey Arber, it was actually the OneDrive-folder, yes. It's a pitty t...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! As far as I can und...

Group centrality measures

first post: sanbhu wrote: Hello, Forgive me if this has been discussed before (but I couldn't...

Directory name invalid

first post: Viv993 wrote: This is my first time using NodeXL and I've encountered this proble...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! This error requires...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! This error requires...

VSTO shared file error

first post: Abdsamad wrote: Hi Marc, I tried installing NodeXl on my windows 10 machine and it ...

latest post: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! Please have a look ...

answered by: arber wrote: Hello, thank you for your interest in NodeXL! Please have a look ...