no labels showing up

Feb 14, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I have had no luck in displaying vertex labels.  I attempted to find the nodexlapi.chm help file but have been unsuccessful.  Is this part of the initial download?

Thanks so much!

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:14 PM

You didn't say what you are doing.  Are you using the NodeXL Template in Excel?  If so, here is how you show vertex labels:

1. In the Excel ribbon, select NodeXL, Show/Hide, Workbook Columns, Labels.  This "unhides" a Label column on the Vertices (and the Edges) worksheet.

2. Fill in the Label column.

3. In the Excel ribbon, select NodeXL, Show/Hide, Graph Elements and make sure that Vertex Labels is checked.  (It is checked by default.)

If you are a programmer and you have downloaded the NodeXL Class Libraries or the NodeXL source code, then you have the NodeXLApi.chm help file.  See the sample code within the NodeXLControl Class topic for instructions on how to show labels in your custom application.

-- Tony

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Hi Tony,

I actually found a document with a step by step approach, and it was very easy to find out. Sorry, about bothering you. It would be great if you guys had a YouTube video for users like you have on SharePoint. Thanks for your help

MMP123

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Hi MMP123,

Could you tell us what that document is? It could be helpful to a number
of us.

Thanks.

Peter

On Mon, March 1, 2010 12:46 pm, MMP123 wrote:
> From: MMP123
>
>
> Hi Tony, I actually found a document with a step by step approach, and it
> was very easy to find out. Sorry, about bothering you. It would be great
> if you guys had a YouTube video for users like you have on SharePoint.
> Thanks for your help MMP123
>
>
>
Mar 1, 2010 at 4:58 PM

By the way, we hid the Label columns by default because we were concerned that people would be overwhelmed with the large number of columns in the NodeXL workbook.  Given that several people have asked about how to use labels, I'm now wondering if that was the correct decision.  If the Label columns on the Edges and Vertices worksheet were visible by default, would that have made it easier to figure out how to add labels to the graph?

We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
    Tony

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:25 PM
Hi Tony,

I am always forgetting to show the hidden columns. I wouldn't mind if
none of them were hidden.

Peter

On Mon, March 1, 2010 12:58 pm, tcap479 wrote:
> From: tcap479
>
>