Internal Server Error on Twitter Import

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:58 PM

I'm trying to import data from a Twitter Search, and I keep getting Interal Server Errors. I'm assuming those are problems on Twitter's end, but I'm wondering if there's a way to keep the data gathered before the error. My NodeXL import window shows "Getting people followed by xxxxx..." messages, and my Twitter account is whitelisted. It seems like I can either get all the data from the import or no data; where does all that "getting people followed by" data go when Twitter throws an error? I'd been limiting my search to 500 people and was using "kaspersky" as my search term. When I tried "kaspersky" and 200 people, it ran for a few minutes and then threw this error: "There is no Twitter user with that screen name." Again, no data in the sheet. Any ideas about how to get around those errors from Twitter or to save data while in progress?

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:50 PM

What version of NodeXL are you using?  In the Excel ribbon, go to NodeXL, Help, About Microsoft NodeXL to find out.

The following bug was fixed in version

"When importing a Twitter search network, a tweet posted by a person with "protected" status in Twitter would bring the search to a halt with a "There is no Twitter user with that screen name" error. Now, such people are skipped."

-- Tony

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Sorry about that Tony; I was on v93. 95 works great. Thank you!

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:23 PM

Glad to hear it.  Thanks for letting me know.

-- Tony