Aug 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Edited Aug 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM
I'll assume that you're using the Excel 2007 template. If instead you are a programmer who is using the class libraries in your own application, let me know.
To show a vertex as a label, do the following:
1. Fill in the Edges worksheet.
2. Click Show Graph in the graph pane to copy all the vertices on the Edges worksheet to the Vertices worksheet. (You can also do this in the Excel Ribbon with NodeXL, Data, Prepare Data, Get Vertices from Edge List.)
3. In the Ribbon, select NodeXL, Show/Hide, Workbook Columns. Click Labels.
4. Select the Vertices worksheet. The Label column will be visible. (It's usually column G.)
5. Fill in the Label column.
6. Click Refresh Graph in the graph pane. The vertices will appear as boxes with the Label text inside.