Import TAGS Twitter data into NodeXL?

Oct 18 at 1:42 AM
I would like to ask if anyone knows how to import Twitter data scraped through TAGS ( Or if NodeXL can extract tweet relations and two nodes of an edge from original twitter data.

Thank you very much!

Thu at 9:56 AM
This is something I'm hoping to improve in TAGS. In the meantime if you look at this Google Sheet you can see in the highlighted columns how I extract edge data

To import this into NodeXL some steps are referred to in the section 'Formatting the data in NodeXL and making it useful' in this post

Far from an ideal solution but hopefully gives you something to work with

TAGS creator
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 10/20/2016 at 6:39 AM
Fri at 2:01 AM
Thank you so much, Martin! I really appreciate it. With TAGS and NodeXL I can collect continuous data beyond the 7-day limit and analyze and visualize them. Thanks for the wonderful tools!

Fri at 9:54 PM
Hi Martin, I examined your Google Sheet formula. If I understood it correctly, your formula to extract mentions won't work if there are multiple mentions in one tweet, right? I think NodeXL extract each mention from a tweet as one separate edge. Your Google sheet formula seems to only extract the first mention?

Nonetheless, thanks a lot for the solution!

Sat at 1:55 PM
Hi Xi - yes the formula are limited to single mention. Not sure if there is an easy way around this. The alternative is to use some hidden urls mentioned in this post This will extract edges for all mentions in a tweet but you only get an edge list with no additional metadata about the tweet.
Sat at 4:15 PM
Hi Martin,
I think I found an error in this example of extracting vertices and relation types:

The formula for target vertex should be

instead of

The "If_False" value of the first IF formula.