vertex tweet relationship but did not tweet the searched term

Jul 29 at 3:41 AM
Hello.

I searched a "keyword" on the twitter network using NodeXL, and found out that there are vertices in the EDGES sheet that contain the "keyword", obviously. However, in the VERTICES sheet, it is shown that these vertices did not tweet the searched "keyword" term., i.e. (column: tweeted search term=NO). Is this possible? Is it possible for a vertex to have a "Tweet" relationship even though the vertex did not tweet the "keyword" itself.

Thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Aug 4 at 10:26 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

When NodeXL parses a Tweet it may contain a mention of a person who has not themselves tweeted.

In some cases the person may have tweeted but the tweet is not returned by Twitter in the result set from the query.

In either case, a person who is referenced becomes the "target" of an edge.

All vertices that appear in an edge are listed in the Vertices worksheet.

We highlight which users actually mentioned the term (versus having been mentioned along with the term) by flagging the column "tweeted search term".

I hope this explains how someone who did not tweet a term can appear in a network and in the vertices worksheet.

Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 8/4/2016 at 3:28 PM
Aug 5 at 3:46 AM
Thank you Marc.

Just to clarify, it's then possible to have this scenario?

at the edges worksheet: vertex 1 is bbcworld, vertex 2 is bbcworld, so therefore that is a "tweet" relationship.

however, at the vertices worksheet: bbcworld = flagged as "tweeted search term = NO" ?

Thanks in advance.