Saving Filtered Graph? and Hour Intervals

Jun 2 at 10:36 PM
Hi, I wonder if it is possible to save the filtered version of a network as a new workbook? For example, assume that I filtered out self-loops, and the vertices that have less than 3 out-degree links. I want to save the remaining network as a new workbook, in which the self-loops and nodes that have fewer than 3 out-degrees would be removed.

And is it possible to write hour intervals in twitter search query? I know that I can use "until" and "since" operators, but they just give me spesific days, but not hours. To give an example, I want to scrawl texts containing a spesific keyword that is tweeted between 14:00 and 16:00 today. Is it possible with a search query?

Kind Regards...
Coordinator
Jun 4 at 11:08 PM
You may export any part of the network: use NodeXL>Data>Export>Selection to New NodeXL workbook.

This will write a new workbook that will contain ONLY the selected vertices (and their mutual edges).

You may also want to use the "Visibility" attribute of Vertices and Edges.

To reveal the "Visibility" column, select NodeXL>Show/Hide>Workbook Columns>Visual Properties

You may then set this column to equal zero for any vertex or edge that you would like to exclude from the display AND the calculation (when they are next run).

This may be a way for you to turn part of the network "on and off" without needing to create multiple workbooks. Of course, multiple workbook will also work!

You may NOT add hour intervals in a Twitter search query.

However, you MAY filter edges based on their time stamps. On the "Edges" worksheet there may be a time/date column.

If there is a time stamp column, you may use the filter controls in Excel OR use the NodeXL>Analysis>Dynamic Filters feature to selectively remove edges (or vertices) from the graph. Please note, the Dynamic Filters feature removes vertices and edges from VIEW, not from the creation of new network calculations. If you apply a visibility of zero to an Edge or Vertex it will not be included in calculations the next time they are run.

Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 7/6/2016 at 12:00 AM
Jun 4 at 11:31 PM
Thanks a lot, this way very helpful. Kİnd Regards.