install new license key

Apr 29 at 5:46 PM
Hi, i got a new license key from a month ago. how do i run nodexl with the new license key? i'm not sure what the correct steps are.

thanks
Coordinator
May 2 at 5:11 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

To activate your copy of NodeXL Pro please install a unique license file on each machine.

The activation process for NodeXL Pro takes just a few steps:
  1. Download the attached file(s) containing your NodeXL Pro license(s) on a secure machine. (The file may currently be in your download directory)
  2. Copy a single one of these NodeXL Pro license files (each of these files have an extension of .lic) to the machine that is going to run a copy of NodeXL Pro.
  3. Paste the license file (.lic) in any location on the local system. You may place this file in any accessible directory. You may want to create a special folder to hold the NodeXL Pro license key file - this can be a good way to ensure the file is not moved or deleted.
  4. Open NodeXL Pro by searching for “NodeXL” from the START menu in Windows. If NodeXL Pro has not been registered before, or if the NodeXL Pro license file has been moved or damaged, you will be asked to select the file. Use the Browse... option to open a file open dialog and navigate to the location of the license file that was sent to you. Then select OK.
  5. Your copy of NodeXL Pro is now licensed and should be operational! Enjoy!
Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 7/6/2016 at 12:01 AM