Installation

Apr 8 at 3:56 AM
Hi,

I'm attempting to install NodeXL Basic Excel Template 2014. The installation completes successfully, but then I cannot find a way to start the program.

Searching for the program in my Windows menu and in apps reveals nothing similar to NodeXL. The only place it shows up is as an available program to uninstall, and it says "unavailable" in the file size.

I've tried as much as I could find in the discussion forums without success. This included uninstalling / reinstalling, restarting, downloading Microsoft add-ins (.NET Framework, VSTO), running as an administrator. Nothing has worked so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dan
Coordinator
Apr 13 at 6:24 PM
Hello,

thank you for using NodeXL!

This is a known issue in Windows 10. If you are using this version of OS please follow these steps:
  1. Open Start menu
  2. Click "All apps"
  3. Browse to the letter "N"
  4. If NodeXL was successfully installed, you should se this entry: "NodeXL Excel Template"
  5. Click to open NodeXL or Right-click -> "Pin to Start" to send a copy of NodeXL at the Start menu
Regards,
Arber
Apr 14 at 3:04 AM
Hello,
I am having exactly the same problem. I did the installation and I got the confirmation saying that installation was successful.
However, I cannot see the program in Apps.
I can only see it as an available program to uninstall.
Could you help us?
Thanks!!
Apr 14 at 4:39 AM
Hi Arber,

Thanks for your message. I have tried to find NodeXL in Apps (and everywhere else on my computer) and cannot find it except as mercedescita says, as an available program to uninstall.

I also got a message saying that the Installation was successful when I installed.

Dan
Apr 20 at 10:39 PM
Hello!

Have you find a way of fixing this problem? I am still not able to install the program...

Thanks!
Apr 22 at 1:59 PM
Hi,
I solved this problem by the following way:
  1. Win+s , i.e. search for "nodexl" -> it shows several items, I took one before last - it was nodexl.xltm
  2. Click on this file and (if necessary) open it by Excel
  3. Enjoy!
Using MS Excel 2016
Apr 22 at 7:30 PM
Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the note. However, when I search for nodexl anywhere on my computer (including the general Win+s search), it does not show up. I'm using Windows 10 and Excel 2016.

Dan