[NullReferenceException]: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Apr 6 at 3:54 AM
Hi,
I am currently working on my project using the NodeXL Pro with Facebook Group import tool, however I am getting the error message listed in subject while trying to import the data from certain year (2013-2014 in my case) and yet was unable to fix it. It happens while I try to import users as a vertices, not the posts.
I am stuck now and do not know how to bypass this error, so I would love to hear from you about the possible fix.
Thanks,
Coordinator
Apr 7 at 10:38 AM
Hello,

if it is a closed group, Facebook won't allow the importer to get the data. If this is not the case please state the group id and the options you selected so we can try and debug (a screenshot of the importer would do the job).

Regards,
Arber
Apr 7 at 10:44 AM
Hi, Thank for your reply! I am aware of this behaviour as I discussed the ability to import the data from closed Facebook groups with Marc Smith previously. The issue is that I have to open the group to be able to import the data and since I am not the only administrator of the group (and the group has more than 200 members) I am unable to open the group for you to try and debug it. I’ll send you the screenshot as the attachment in this email, however I am afraid you won’t be able to do much about it. As I stated in the post earlier, this error message occured only when I tried to import data from certain period of time (between 2013-2014), I was able to successfuly get the data from later. Anyhow, I appreciate you help, S pozdravem, Filip S. > On 07 Apr 2016, at 12:38, arber wrote: > > From: arber > > Hello, > > if it is a closed group, Facebook won't allow the importer to get the data. If this is not the case please state the group id and the options you selected so we can try and debug (a screenshot of the importer would do the job). > > Regards, > Arber > Read the full discussion online . > > To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed] ) > > To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed] > You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com . > > Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com Hi,
Thank for your reply! I am aware of this behaviour as I discussed the ability to import the data from closed Facebook groups with Marc Smith previously. The issue is that I have to open the group to be able to import the data and since I am not the only administrator of the group (and the group has more than 200 members) I am unable to open the group for you to try and debug it. I’ll send you the screenshot as the attachment in this email, however I am afraid you won’t be able to do much about it. As I stated in the post earlier, this error message occured only when I tried to import data from certain period of time (between 2013-2014), I was able to successfuly get the data from later.

Anyhow, I appreciate you help,

S pozdravem,
Filip S.