Missing Data! Please help!

Mar 22 at 5:29 PM
Hello, I pulled data for a particular hashtag at three different times (one week apart) back in December. I was playing with the data yesterday and found that the data from my third week appears incomplete. In Vertices, the categories for in-degree and out-degree are blank. The rest of the data appears to be there. I don't know why this is the case when the other two datasets are fine. Has anyone ever had this happen before? Is there a way to still get this information? Thank you!
Coordinator
Mar 22 at 7:41 PM
Hello,

the in-degree and out-degree are metrics that NodeXL calculates, they are not pulled from Twitter. Either the calculation failed for those vertices or they are not connected to anyone (they are isolates).

Regards,
Arber
Mar 22 at 7:50 PM
That is great news! Do you by chance know if there is a way to run the calculations again?
Coordinator
Mar 22 at 7:58 PM
Hello,

sure!

Click on "Graph Metric" and select "Vertex in-degree" and "Vertex out-degree" and click "Calculate metrics". However, If those vertices are isolates you will still have empty cells.

Regards,
Arber
Mar 22 at 8:10 PM
Great thank you!
Mar 23 at 3:41 AM
Okay so I tried that but it didn't work. The whole columns are still blank. Any other ideas?
Coordinator
Mar 23 at 3:28 PM
Hello,

please send the workbook to arberceni@smrfoundation.org so I can take a look.

Regards,
Arber
Coordinator
Mar 23 at 4:25 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

In-degree and Out-degree are calculated fields.

You can recalculate them using the NodeXL>Analysis>Graph Metrics>Vertex in-degree (and Vertex out-degree) feature:

Regards,
Marc
Mar 23 at 6:12 PM
Hello Marc,

Thank you for your assistance! It's my understanding that my professor Avery Holton reached out to you regarding this as well. I've been in correspondence with Arbor, who also told me to rerun those metrics. I did so last night and unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. Arbor asked to look at the data so I sent him the doc this morning.

Meaghan

Mar 26 at 4:45 PM
Hi Marc and Arber,

I was wondering if either of you had an idea as to why the in-degree and out-degree columns were not populating in my spreadsheet. Both of you recommended running the graph metrics again but unfortunately, that did not work. Arber, you have a copy of my spreadsheet, does anything appear wrong with the data? Thank you so much for your help.

Best,

Meaghan