NodeXL Won't Downloand

Jan 9 at 6:01 PM
I am having trouble downloading NodeXL for Microsoft Excel. I continue to get to the step where it says, "the latest version of this customization is already installed". However, I can't find it anywhere on my computer or when I search for it through the search bar on Windows 10. It also does not show up as an additional tab in Excel.

Does anyone know why I am having trouble downloading this add-in and why I can't find any reference to it in my files?

Thanks for any help you can provide as I can;t continue with my assignment until I download this.
Coordinator
Jan 9 at 11:18 PM
Hello,

do you see "NodeXL Excel Template" in "Programs and Features" in Control Panel? If yes it means that NodeXL is already installed on your PC. To open it it Windows 10 follow these steps:
  1. Open Start menu
  2. All Apps
  3. Go to the letter "N"
  4. There you should see "NodeXL Excel Template"
If you don't see "NodeXL Excel Template" in "Programs and Features" in Control Panel, it means that NodeXL is not installed, but a previous version was installed and it was not completely uninstalled. To completely uninstall it please have a look at this post https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/646168

Regards,
Arber
Jan 9 at 11:23 PM

Arber!

Thanks so much. Looks like I was looking in the wrong location all along!

Jan 13 at 10:06 AM
Edited Jan 13 at 10:07 AM
Arber,

I'm having the same problem. I use Windows 8.1. There's no "All App" here and I do see "NodeXL Excel Template" in Programs & Features.

Thanks,
Isa
Coordinator
Jan 13 at 1:07 PM
Hello,

open Start Menu and start typing "NodeXL" it should display you "NodeXL Excel Template"

Regards,
Arber
Jan 13 at 5:01 PM
Arber,

I can't find my license file (.lic). Please let me know where it has been saved.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 13 at 6:57 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

An email containing your license file was sent to you at the time of registration.

You can copy this file back to the local file system (anywhere on C:\ should do).

When NodeXL Pro starts up it will ask you to help it find the file you just saved.

Regards,

Marc
Jan 13 at 10:22 PM
Resolved. Thanks Marc!