NodeXLPro - Manifest may not be valid

Jan 6 at 2:57 PM
Hi! I just bought NodeXLPro but I can't install it. I'm having almost the same issue as in this thread - http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/649407 - except the error message is a bit different, and I already have .NET 4.5 installed. Help or details on how to get a refund would be greatly appreciated!

The error is: "Exception occurred loading manifest from file Smrf.NodeXL.Util.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened."

Name: NodeXL Excel Template
From: http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Exception occurred loading manifest from file Smrf.NodeXL.Util.dll: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened. ---> System.IO.IOException: File Smrf.NodeXL.Util.dll is not a valid Portable Executable (PE) file. ---> System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment\7VQRAHA9.W4R\22J3OTJ5.0G7\Smrf.NodeXL.Util.dll' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream.ConstructFromFile(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.PEStream..ctor(String filePath, Boolean partialConstruct)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.LoadFromInternalManifestFile(String filePath)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
Coordinator
Jan 7 at 5:29 PM
Hello,

the error message says that the library (Smrf.NodeXL.Uril.dll) is being used by another process. Is another installation of NodeXL running at the same time? Is NodeXL somehow running in the background?

I suggest to restart your PC and try installing NodeXL again.

Regards,
Arber
Jan 9 at 2:51 PM
That's a good thought, but unfortunately, turning it off and back on again does not work in this case. I don't see anything running that might be using that library.

I did have NodeXL Basic installed a few days ago, but I removed it (and the leftover folder) before installing NodeXL Pro.
Coordinator
Jan 9 at 4:09 PM
Hello,

can you please empty this folder 'C:\Users\Kelly\AppData\Local\Temp\Deployment' and try running the setup as administrator (right click -> Run as Administrator...)?

Regards,
Arber
Jan 14 at 7:57 PM
I'm having the same issue, except I cannot empty a folder, because I don't see one that has AppData. I'm running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 if that has anything to do with it.
Coordinator
Jan 15 at 2:46 AM
The folder can be hidden on some systems.

Try navigating directly to the folder:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\

It may be there but not visisble from the directory above.

Regards,

Marc