Install under new local user Windows10

Jan 6 at 11:48 AM
Hi I already have NodeXL installed for one local user on my machine (Windows 10 running Excel 2010) but have created a new account to separate work streams a bit more.

I re-downloaded the basic template to ensure I had the latest version. When I went to install NodeXL on this account I received the following message with the additional details below:

"Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for NodeXL Excel Template or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance"

Name: NodeXL Excel Template
From: http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLBasicSetup/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for NodeXL Excel Template or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustPromptKeyInternal(ClickOnceTrustPromptKeyValue promptKeyValue, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName, TrustStatus status)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName, TrustStatus status)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.ProcessSHA1Manifest(ActivationContext context, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, PermissionSet permissionsRequested, Uri manifest, ManifestSignatureInformationCollection signatures, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer
Coordinator
Jan 7 at 5:30 PM
Hello,

we just added a new code signing certificate as the old one expired. Please download/upgrade to the latest version of NodeXL Basic https://nodexl.codeplex.com/releases/view/117659

Regards,
Arber
Feb 18 at 10:17 PM
Edited Feb 18 at 10:18 PM
Hi onplot and Arber,

I had a similar problem this evening (18 Feb. 2016) trying to install NodeXL for the first time on my Win 10 Pro 64bit system. It threw the same exception as above. Is there nothing that can be done at this point? I'm in a very critical project and I'd like to sit thru the night and work thru the interface to get familiar with it. Many thanks in advance.
Coordinator
Feb 23 at 4:11 PM
Hello,

please have a look at this post https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/650324

Regards,
Arber