Issue with (re-)installing NodeXL Pro

Dec 29, 2015 at 2:40 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I am a NodeXL Pro user. Some days ago I tired to open the template, but I did not manage to do so because of the "Update Office Customization" error. I decided to uninstall NodeXL and reinstall the Pro version, which I downloaded from I did clean the "C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0" folder before installing the Pro version again. However, now I cannot install NodeXL Pro because of the "Exception reading manifest from the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened" error. Error details are the following:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Exception reading manifest from the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened. ---> System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException: Manifest XML signature is not valid. ---> System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignedInfo(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignature(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignatureReturningKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm& signingKey)
at System.Deployment.Internal.CodeSigning.SignedCmiManifest.Verify(CmiManifestVerifyFlags verifyFlags)
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.GetManifests(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()

Interesting enough, I do not have problems with installing NodeXL Basic.

I would be very grateful for any comments regarding how to resolve the issue.
Dec 29, 2015 at 7:35 PM

this is caused by a new code signing certificate with higher security that we started to use recently which requires .NET Framework 4.5 installed on the client machine. Please download it form here

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:10 PM
Thank you Arber! This did resolve the issue.