Problems with fully uninstalling NodeXL Pro

Nov 24, 2015 at 11:29 AM
I have problems with uninstalling NodeXL Pro in a Windows 7 environment. I didn't know what happened to NodeXL Pro but it stopped to work. I tried to re-install but it tells me that there's actually a program running under the same name. I tried to uninstall it but... I just can't...

Do I have to edit the register?

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:57 PM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Some users have an issue that blocks reinstall of NodeXL Basic after the upgrade to NodeXL Pro. This issue can be resolved - please go to the following path before installing NodeXL Basic:

You should see two folders: one named Data and another folder with a strange name, that is where the old NodeXL is stored.

Please delete the folder with the strange name and try reinstalling NodeXL.

Nov 26, 2015 at 4:19 PM

Problem moving from basic to Pro
  1. I just received NodeXl licence for the Pro. Installed the the licence file as suggested.
  2. First time I tried to run Excel an error message said that I needed to uninstall the basic version I had.
I run into the same problem reported here “Problems with fully uninstalling NodeXL Pro”, I erased the “another folder with a strange name” and ...
  1. I uninstalled the basic version, downloaded a fresh version of the Pro, run it, and system asked for the licensePro_1.lic file.
I pointed where I placed it (root drive C:) and another error message came from the system, now said “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”.

4 . I turned off the computer several times with no success. The error message still is the same, every time I try to open NodeXL Excel template.
  1. I have a Windows 7 Enterprise, 26GB of Ram in a Optiplex 9020 Dell computer.
Can you help me to resolve this instalation problem?

In advance thank you

Daniel deOliveira
Nov 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM
Some users have reported success with the following steps:
copy the .lic file from the email we sent you to a new location on the local file system
open NodeXL Pro again, select the newly copied .Lic file
This may also work on your system.