Problems with NodeXL

Oct 25, 2015 at 1:47 PM
Nodexl was working perfectly fine for me until today.... When I tried to open up the template today, it said something along the lines of .net framework needs to be installed to open this application, so I installed .net framework from the Microsoft site and it still gave the same error. At this point, I decided to reinstall NodeXL, so I uninstalled it. I then went to the download link on this site for setup, and when I tried to install that, it just opened up internet explorer for about 1 second and closed down. Every time I click on the setup file, this is what happens. How can I fix this? It is not my antivirus or my firewall that is the problem (all ready tried turning them off).
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM
Hello ,

Please try to follow these steps:
  1. Uninstall NodeXL Basic from "Program and Features" in Control Panel
  2. Delete the folder as described here: https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/646168. This article describes how to go back to Basic but it applies to Pro too.
  3. Download and install NodeXL Pro https://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/NodeXLProExcelTemplate2014Setup.exe
  4. Follow the instructions in the e-mail that was sent to you together with the license to install NodeXL Pro license.
Regards,
Arber
Oct 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM
It still does not download even after I deleted the folder and NodeXL Basic. When I click on the setup file, it opens up the browser and closes. After that nothing happens. I really need to collect data, and I am frustrated with the inability to use my Pro account which I just paid for. Please help.
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2015 at 2:35 AM
Hello,

is there any error message? When the browser opens, does the setup closes or the browser? If the browser stays open can you please tell me the URL of the browser (if there is any)? If possible please send some screenshots to arberceni@smrfoundation.org (I think codeplex doesn't allow images to be uploaded).

Regards,
Arber
Oct 30, 2015 at 12:28 AM
The setup automatically closes the browser within less than a second of opening. There really is not enough time for me to take a screenshot of it.
Coordinator
Oct 30, 2015 at 2:27 AM
Hello,

what about the setup, does it close to?If not please send a screenshot of it.

Regards,
Arber