Can't graph single user's network

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:57 AM
I posted this issue in the "Issue" folder, but since it has been canceled, I am re-posting the same thing here.
My problem is that I need to monitor edges between one single Twitter user and its mentioners/retweeters. But when I download the user's network NodeXL categorizes edges only as "tweets", even if there actually ARE retweets, mentions, etc.
So it gets impossible for me to analyze the interactions for a specific account.
Am I missing something?

thank you,

Lorenzo
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2015 at 5:40 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL Pro!

Are you using the Twitter User's Network importer? Or the Twitter Search Network importer?

I may need more detail to properly answer your question!

Regards,

Marc
Oct 25, 2015 at 5:21 PM
Hi Marc,

I am using the Twitter User's Network importer, but it gives me only tweets and not retweets, mentions, etc.

For example, I need to find out who is the X account that mostly often mentions the Y account. So I search for the Y account in the Twitter User's Importer and he gives me a list of all the activities of Y. But Y is always both vertex 1 and vertex 2.
If I use the Twitter search Network importer, and query the Y account, then I obtain the requested info, so my question is partly alswered, i guess. So what the User network importer is meant for? Only for dowlnloading a list of tweets and eventually followers?
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2015 at 4:48 PM
Edited Oct 28, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Hello!

May I suggest using the NodeXL Pro Twitter Search Network Importer and use the username as the query term instead?

Let's contrast those results: I think the search interface will give you closer to what you are looking for.

Regards,

Marc