Collecting Twitter Data for Specific Times

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:01 AM
I am trying to collect Twitter data for a certain hashtag using Nodexl Pro for one day. When I attempted to collect the data, only tweets from around 6:00 to 24:00 showed up because of the sheer quantity of tweets. I was looking for a way to be able to find that data from 0:00 to 5:59, so is there anyway to use Twitter search operators per hour?
Oct 21, 2015 at 4:06 AM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL Pro!

NodeXL Pro uses the public Twitter API - which has several limits and operators.

The Twitter API will not deliver more than about 18,000 tweets or any tweet older than 7-8 days.

There are several Twitter search term operators. See:

superhero since:2015-07-19 matches Tweets containing “superhero” and sent since date “2015-07-19” (year-month-day)

ftw until:2015-07-19 matches Tweets containing “ftw” and sent before the date “2015-07-19”

However, this does not allow specification of hours minutes and seconds.

So, for complete data, you may need to repeat the query throughout the busy day.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Is there any way I can continuously collect data if I leave my computer running (have a live feed of tweets stream to my computer throughout the day)?
Oct 22, 2015 at 5:43 AM
Edited Oct 22, 2015 at 5:45 AM
This is a feature of NodeXL Pro. These articles should describe the operation of the settings options files, Task Scheduler, and the NodeXL > Graph > Automate feature:

A Sample Settings File for NodeXL: An automated recipie for making Twitter network visualizations

Setting forth: saving NodeXL option settings – how to exchange your expert configurations in NodeXL

Fully automatic: NodeXL can build your network graphs hands free

How to schedule the creation of a network with NodeXL and Windows Task Scheduler

Automatic for the people (who use the latest NodeXL!). Release v.

I would be happy to schedule a time to connect via Skype or phone to show you how to implement these features in NodeXL Pro!

Oct 27, 2015 at 10:22 PM
Hi Marc,
Data collection was going well with NodeXL Pro until today. When I tried to open up the program this morning, I got the error code "In order to run, C:\Users....\DeployedTemplate\NodeXLGraph.xltx requires that .NET Framework be installed. Contact your administrator for further assistance in downloading and installing it." After I saw this, I went to to download the newest version of .NET Framework, but the error code still comes up when I try to open NodeXL. How can I fix this? I need to be able to get back to my schedule of data collection as soon as possible. Thanks so much!
Oct 29, 2015 at 1:31 AM

can you please send some screen shots of the error message to ?

Oct 31, 2015 at 9:24 PM
I sent the screenshots.