Upgrade basic to pro NodeXL

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:55 PM
Today I had to re-install NodeXL and the only option was the Basic. I bought the license and then, whem i was putting the file in the correct place ("... \ MicrosoftResearch \ NodeXLExcel2007Template"), the folder does not exist. What do I do?
Oct 13, 2015 at 5:54 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2015 at 6:01 PM
I've also had to update NodeXL, but it has updated to Pro version and I need the Basic one. What do I have to do?

Sorry for flooding your post, famaral, but I think there is no need to open another topics to things quite similar.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

As NodeXL upgrades to NodeXL Pro, the instructions have been updated. Please follow these instructions for licensing your copy of NodeXL Pro.

If you prefer to downgrade to NodeXL Basic, please have a look at the detailed instructions in this post: https://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/646168

NodeXL Pro Activation

The activation process for NodeXL Pro takes just a few steps:

To activate your copy of NodeXL Pro please install a unique license file on each machine. You can request a license key from:

http://nodexlgraphgallery.org/Pages/Registration.aspx

Then:
  1. Download and unzip the zip file that was emailed to you containing your NodeXL Pro license(s) on a secure machine. (The file may currently be in your download directory)
  2. Copy a single one of these NodeXL Pro license files (each of these files have an extension of .lic) to the machine that is going to run a copy of NodeXL Pro.
  3. Paste the license file (.lic) in any location on the local system. You may place this file in any accessible directory. You may want to create a special folder to hold the NodeXL Pro license key file - this can be a good way to ensure the file is not moved or deleted.
  4. Open NodeXL Pro by searching for “NodeXL” from the START menu in Windows. If NodeXL Pro has not been registered before, or if the NodeXL Pro license file has been moved or damaged, you will be asked to select the file. Use the Browse... option to open a file open dialog and navigate to the location of the license file that was sent to you. Then select OK.
  5. Your copy of NodeXL Pro is now licensed and should be operational! Enjoy!
  6. If you have purchased more than one NodeXL Pro license, repeat steps 2-5 for each of the rest of the purchased licenses on the target machines.
Problems?

Contact info@smrfoundation.org and include the email address used to request the license key, a description of the error, and a description of the computer hardware and software (operating system and Office version).

If you have trouble installing the NodeXL Pro licenses or running the application, please contact us at info@smrfoundation.org or post questions to our discussion board at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions.

Thank you for your interest in the NodeXL Pro Project. With your support we will continue to refine and improve the application to make it the simplest, easiest way to get an insight into a connected structure!

Regards,

The NodeXL Team at the Social Media Research Foundation
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2015 at 10:54 PM
Oct 13, 2015 at 11:39 PM
I uninstalled Basic NodeXL and I want to install NodeXL Pro, but when I try it, the following message :

Name : Excel Template NodeXL
From: http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException : Unable to Install this application Because an application with the same identity is already installed . To Install this application , Either modify the manifest version for esta application or uninstall the preexisting application .
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.DownloadAddIn(TimeSpan timeout)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn ( )

What should I do to fix it?
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Please go to the following path:

C:\Users[user_profile]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

You should see two folders: one named Data and another folder with a strange name, that is where old NodeXL is stored.

Please delete the folder with the strange name and try reinstalling NodeXL Basic.
Oct 14, 2015 at 5:15 AM
Hi

This is my trouble

Imagen integrada 1

2015-10-13 19:25 GMT-06:00 MarcSmith <[email removed]>:

Please go to the following path:

C:\Users[user_profile]\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0

You should see two folders: one named Data and another folder with a strange name, that is where old NodeXL is stored.

Please delete the folder with the strange name and try reinstalling NodeXL Basic.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:19 AM
Hi

I have a proble installing my NodeXL Pro

Imagen integrada 1
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Hello!

Sorry to hear that there is an issue getting NodeXL Pro operating on your system.

The image you pasted into the post above did not go through (Codeplex will not host the image - can you email it to me at info@smrfoundation.org?)

Regards,

Marc
Oct 14, 2015 at 12:41 PM
System.Security.SecurityException: The solution cannot be installed because it is signed by a publisher whom you have not yet chosen to trust. If you trust the publisher, add the certificate to the Trusted Publisher list.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.OfficeAddInDeploymentManager.VerifyAddInTrust(ClickOnceAddInTrustEvidence evidence)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.106.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.60301.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.dll
Microsoft.Office.Tools
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.Office.Tools/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.Office.Tools.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Xml.Linq
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Security
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
WindowsBase
Win32 Version: 4.6.106.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Deployment
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

2015-10-14 6:40 GMT-06:00 MarcSmith <[email removed]>:

Hello!

Sorry to hear that there is an issue getting NodeXL Pro operating on your system.

The image you pasted into the post above did not go through (Codeplex will not host the image - can you email it to me at [email removed]

Regards,

Marc

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2015 at 12:10 AM
Hello JorgeAlberto,

we had a problem with our SSL certificate today and now it is fixed. You should be able to install NodeXL now. Please check and tell us if you still encounter any problem.

Regards,
Arber