What means Follows?

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:05 PM
When NodeXL downloads data from Twitter on the Edges tab, the Relationship column "O" shows four types: Tweet, Mentions, Replies To and Follows.

How should I understand the Follows type, as a summation of Twitter Following + Followers?

Thank you in advance

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

I assume you have selected a Twitter import that includes the follows relationship.

In Twitter "follows" is a directed tie, from the source to the target.

When NodeXL reports that A, B, Follows it should be read that a connection exists from A to B. The reciprocal relationship (B -> A) is not required in Twitter, so these are directed and possibly asymmetric connections.

Marked as answer by danieldfjug on 8/27/2015 at 7:47 AM
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Dear Marc, Thank you for your fast replay. Sorry to bother you again about the same subject. Please look at the two images attached. Yes, I selected the import from Twitter Users Network (@JUG_research) of my list “jugslist”, Basic and Basic plus friends
(without Import only... unticked). My doubt is how to interpret the two attached images with all this Mentions, Replies To and Follows. Sorry about my limited cognitive capacity because they are not clear for me. Where is the origin? Who are A, B and C persons?
In my case I'm studding JUG. Where is the JUG (origin) and the people (follows, replies to and mentions)? --- Bons codigos / Have a nice code Daniel deOliveira JUG Leader / Founding Java Champion Twitter/Facebook/Skype danieldfjug [email removed] Brasilia
Java Users Group www.dfjug.org Brasil Em 2015-08-27 11:25, MarcSmith escreveu:
Aug 27, 2015 at 3:22 PM
I did not see any images in your post. Can you email me?
Aug 27, 2015 at 3:32 PM
I had just e-mailed to you with the attched images. Did you received them? Danil