Problem with labeling

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:26 AM
I am very new to NodeXL. I am having problems with assigning labels to my vertices. I have autocoded the vertex label column with vertex but no labels appear. i have read other discussions. U-tubed. I cannot understand why it doesnt workl.
Jun 12, 2015 at 2:33 AM

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

A label can be best set using the Autofill Columns feature in the NodeXL>Visual Properties section of the menu.

Select Vertices and then Vertex Label and select a target column from the dropdown menu.

Select Vertex Label location to position the label in one of 9 points around the vertex.

Please let me know if this gets you closer to your goal!

Sent from my iPhone

Jun 12, 2015 at 3:02 AM
Thanks for telling me about the label position. I have entered positions for a sample. Even for the major centroid. Changed the font size to 72. Select a node added the label position and refreshed graph. Still nothing. I have changed the opacity to 0. When I hover over a node I can see all the vertex details. It has to be something very simple.
Jun 12, 2015 at 3:22 AM
Perhaps you can upload your graph to the NodeXLGraphGallery and share a pointer here? We can have a look and return a corrected workbook via the graph gallery.

Or email [email removed]