NodeXL unable to connect to the remote server

May 22, 2015 at 6:08 AM
When I was trying to import data from the Twitter Search Network, I encountered a new error:

_"A problem occurred while attempting to authorize NodeXL to use your Twitter account. Details:
Unable to connect to the remote server."
_
In the past, I have been able to seamlessly authorize NodeXL to use my Twitter account to import Twitter networks, so this is a new problem. Earlier today, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling NodeXL, but that didn't resolve this issue.

Does anyone know how this error can be resolved? I would greatly appreciate any direction. Thank you.
Coordinator
May 22, 2015 at 6:24 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Can you confirm what version you are currently running?

See: NodeXL>Help>About.

If you are running a current version (v.336 today) can you confirm that your system clock is set correctly?

Regards,

Marc
May 22, 2015 at 6:43 AM
Hi Marc, thank you for the swift reply.

Yes, I am running NodeXL Excel Template 2014 Version 1.0.1.336. If, by system clock, you're referring to my PC's clock as indicated on the bottom right corner, then yes, my system clock is set correctly.

George
Coordinator
May 22, 2015 at 2:57 PM
Hello!

Thanks for checking on those issues.

Sadly, I am not sure why this is happening: can you confirm the issue remains?

Have you been able to try from a different PC or from a different network?

Can you confirm that you can access Twitter directly through a browser from that machine?

Sorry for the issues, we will try to help you resolve this!

Regards,

Marc
May 24, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Hi Marc,

After trying a different network (still failed) and confirming that I had access to Twitter on my browser, I tried accessing my Norton Internet Security today. I performed some much-needed Norton updates and after launching NodeXL, I've found that it is working once again! I suspect that Norton was preventing NodeXL from accessing my browser. Does that sound about right?

Thanks again for your efforts to help me resolve this issue. If this problem ever resurfaces, I'll be sure to let you all know.

Best,

George