Stand alone Installation

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Hello All,

I installed the NodeXL project on my home computer and found it very suitable for my project at work.

I couldn't install it at work, because there is no internet access, and the installation process need internet access to download more files to install.

Does someone know about a standalone installation file, that does not need an internet access ?

Thanks,

Amit
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2015 at 12:21 AM
Hello!

Thanks for the interest in the NodeXL project!

You are not alone. Several corporate and university users have reported issues with the NodeXL installer's need to fetch data across the firewall from the Internet.

We'd like to solve the problem. We have limited resources at the moment to do so. The "all-in-one" installer and the "don't access the Internet" version of NodeXL will take a projected 2-3 weeks of initial developer time and a possible long period of on-going attention as we work out issues on various systems.

We have a series of other, pending work items, however, that expand the utility of NodeXL for users on normal machines.

As we get time or funding we would like to build the "NodeXL Enterprise Edition".

Stay tuned!

Marc