IMPORTING FACEBOOK DATA

Apr 2, 2015 at 6:53 PM
Hi,

When I am trying to import Facebook group network data, I am facing an error message that I cannot copy and paste...

It would be great if you can help me with this.How can I attach photos here, I can show you the screenshot of the error message.

Thanks.

Duygu
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2015 at 4:04 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

I am sorry to hear that the Social Network Importer for NodeXL did not work for you.

May I ask you to check if you are running the latest version?

See: https://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/

Codeplex does not allow you to post images directly, however, you can link to any image on the web. So please post your error message via any network hosting site and link to it in your post here using the image tag button in the Codeplex discussion editor toolbar.

Regards,

Marc
Apr 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM
Hi,
maybe I have the same problem.

Here the error text:

SocialNetImporter

The network couldn't be obtained. If the problem persists please copy the following message and report it to http://socialnetimporter.codeplex.com/discussions.

Details:

[ArgumentException]: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable
1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector, IEqualityComparer1 comparer)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToDictionary[TSource,TKey,TElement](IEnumerable
1 source, Func2 keySelector, Func2 elementSelector)

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageGroupNetworkCreatorBase.CreateNetwork(VertexCollection& oVertices, EdgeCollection& oEdges) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter2\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkCreators\FacebookFanPageGroupNetworkCreatorBase.cs:line 65

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.GetFanPageNetworkInternal(String sAccessToken, FacebookFanPageModel oModel) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter2\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 236

at Smrf.NodeXL.GraphDataProviders.Facebook.FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.BackgroundWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in D:\Dropbox\SocialNetImporter2\SocialNetImporter\SocialNetImporter\NetworkAnalyzers\Facebook\FacebookFanPageNetworkAnalyzer.cs:line 749

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

OK

thanks
Giuseppe
Coordinator
Jun 26, 2015 at 3:32 PM
Hello!

As of version 337 of NodeXL, the Facebook importers are now part of the main application.

Can you test to see if the latest version addresses the error you encountered?

Regards,

Marc
Jul 6, 2015 at 5:58 PM
hi marc!
I'm trying with some fan pages and seems to go!
tks