NodeXL installation error

Feb 27, 2015 at 5:07 PM
Hi,

When I try to install NodeXL, I receive an error with the message: "Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest fo NodeXL Excel Template or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance."

The installation file I am executing is "NodeXLExcelTemplate2014Setup.exe" which was downloaded from your project home.

Thank you very much for your help.

My computer details:
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 4 GB
Office 2013

Error details:

Name: NodeXL Excel Template
From: http://www.nodexlgraphgallery.org/NodeXLSetup/Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.vsto

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this application will not work because the certificate used to sign the deployment manifest for NodeXL Excel Template or its location is not trusted. Contact your administrator for further assistance.
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustPromptKeyInternal(ClickOnceTrustPromptKeyValue promptKeyValue, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInTrustEvaluator.VerifyTrustUsingPromptKey(Uri manifest, DeploymentSignatureInformation signatureInformation, String productName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.VerifySecurity(ActivationContext context, Uri manifest, AddInInstallationStatus installState)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

Thanks,
Jair Jr
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Hello!

Can I assume from our discussion in a later thread that you are now able to get NodeXL installed?

I will close this thread if so.

Thanks for the interest in NodeXL!

Marc
Mar 2, 2015 at 6:49 PM
Hi Marc,

Yes, you are right. I managed to install NodeXL in my machine.

I couldn't install it because of a network proxy issue in my company.

I'm sorry I forgot to close this thread.

Thanks,
Jair Jr
Marked as answer by MarcSmith on 3/2/2015 at 12:47 PM