Options for detailed label positioning and colour changes

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Edited Feb 11, 2015 at 1:33 PM
Hello,

I would like to ask if there are any other options to adjust the label positioning in NodeXL besides the 9 options available under the column "label position" in the vertex tab?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ewubMZXeghU/UQ-91up8drI/AAAAAAAAALk/lgY4zo-7I4M/s400/941-6145-1-PB.gif
My assignment requirements were to create an exact replica of this terrorist network. But the labels in the stated network were aligned nicely to the bottom left corner of the vertices (besides Majed Moqed and Ziad Jarrah). Is it possible for NodeXL to position the labels in this manner?

Ps. All the labels were in black while the labels on the network I've done was based on the respective node colours. How do I change the label colours to black on NodeXL?

Thank you!
Coordinator
Feb 11, 2015 at 3:40 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL.

Labels in NodeXL may only be positioned in the 9 locations around the vertex.

Vertex label color is controlled by the vertex color or the group color.

You can control vertex color through the Vertices worksheet. Select NodeXL>Show/Hide>Workbook columns>Visual Properties to reveal the Color and shape columns in the Vertices worksheet. You may also want to control which coloring scheme takes dominance, the vertex or group color, via the NodeXL>Analysis>Groups>Group Options.

You could create two images: one with all colors as assigned by NodeXL but with all labels off, the second, with nodes in the exact same locations, with all Vertex colors set to black. Merging these two images may generate the result you seek.

Regards,

Marc
Feb 12, 2015 at 2:46 AM
Hey Marc,

Alrighty, thanks for your help and prompt response!
Have a good day.

Regards,
Ai Ting