Automating Refresh Graph

Jan 20, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM
I'm trying to portray a reasonably simple set of changing relationships in near real-time.

Is there a way yet to automate this e.g via VBA.?

This may dovetail with a program behaviour that I would like to see. Following the entering of a value I would like to see an automatic RefreshAll and RefreshGraph. As a new user I find myself entering new parameters and then looking at the graph wondering why it has not updated and then remembering to hit the Refresh Graph button. A short-cut key may be a half-way house.

Thank You
Jan 29, 2015 at 5:28 PM

there is an "Automate" button in the NodeXL ribbon bar so you can perform a set of tasks by clicking a single button. There is also an option in the import menu (Import->Import Options...->Automate the graph after the data is imported) which will automatically run automation after you import the data from one of the available options in the Import menu, however it won't run automation if you just add or modify a vertex. The best solution for now I think is to click "Automate". We will consider adding a keyboard shortcut (doing a real-time update on each change will be too much for large networks).