import Twitter data: problem with tweet content

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Hi,
I use "import from Twitter search network" to search for tweets with a special hashtag; however, the tweet contents that I get are not complete in some cases. The problem is that NodeXL adds information about "RT" and the person who has tweeted in the beginning of tweet message and this causes to miss the last characters of tweet itself, and a "..." at the end of message shows the tweet is not completely shown. Here's an example:
Original tweet: "Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun. Fall in love. Regret nothing, and don't let ppl bring you down. #Happy weekend!!"
Fetched by NodeXL: "RT @nishakothari82: Life is too short to worry about stupid things. Have fun. Fall in love. Regret nothing, and don't let ppl bring you dow…"
Is there any way to fix this? Thank you
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Hello!

Thank you for teh interest in NodeXL!

The tweet text extracted from Twitter by NodeXL is not modified: the text is what Twitter has for that Tweet. We do not add "..." or RT to the tweets - Twitter does.

Regards,

Marc
Nov 16, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Thank you for your answer. Anyways, when I use other tools to get tweets, like Twitter API, I am able to get the whole tweet but here in NodeXL, I still can't figure out why Twitter cuts the last characters...