out of memory error

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:01 PM
Hi,

I quite frequently get this error message - since it says in the message that it should be posted here:

NodeXL

An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[OutOfMemoryException]: Für diesen Vorgang ist nicht genügend Speicher verfügbar. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000E (E_OUTOFMEMORY))

at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)

at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range.get_Value(Object RangeValueDataType)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelUtil.GetRangeValues(Range range)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelUtil.TryGetLastNonEmptyRow(Range range, Int32& rowOneBased)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableUtil.GetOffsetOfFirstEmptyTableRow(ListObject table)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphImporter.ImportEdges(IGraph oSourceGraph, String[] asEdgeAttributes, ListObject oEdgeTable, Range oVertex1NameColumnData, Range oVertex2NameColumnData, Boolean bAppendToTable)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.GraphImporter.ImportGraph(IGraph sourceGraph, String[] edgeAttributes, String[] vertexAttributes, Boolean clearTablesFirst, Workbook destinationNodeXLWorkbook)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.ThisWorkbook.ImportGraph(IGraph oGraph, String[] oEdgeAttributes, String[] oVertexAttributes, String sImportDescription, String sSuggestedTitle, String sSuggestedFileNameNoExtension)

OK

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

Network analysis demand a large amount of RAM. Your error is telling us that your graph is too large for the RAM available in the machine.

You can close other applications to free up space.

You can limit the size or complexity of the data.

You can add RAM to the system.

You can ensure that the system is running 64 bit versions of the OS and Application (Windows and Office 64 bit).

Regards,

Marc
Marked as answer by philippaller on 10/24/2014 at 10:08 AM
Oct 24, 2014 at 5:09 PM
hi marc,

thanks for the fast reply - thats what i thougth. i was a bit confused because i also got this error when i just imported 5 test-tweets but i imported them to an already large set of data so i guess in total it was too much.

again, thanks. cheers,
philipp