Problems connectiong Facebook

Oct 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Hi!

i've installed NodeXL and added facebook connection. When I try to login to Facebook via NodeXl,
I just got a message within a page Navigation to the webpage was canceled. When I refresh it I get this:
This page can’t be displayed
Make sure the web address https://graph.facebook.com is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.
Check that all network cables are plugged in.
Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
Restart your router.

Any ideas?

Uros
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Hello Uros,

could you please retry? It seems like Facebook servers were not available at that moment

Regards,
Arber
Jan 20, 2015 at 9:09 PM
I'm having this issue as well. The in-program browser (internet explorer) won't connect to the internet for the Social Media Importer plugin to allow me to login or logout of my Facebook account.

I've checked all of my connections, and rebooted my computer as well the program.

First it says: "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"
And every time I've refreshed I get: "This program cannot display the webpage"

Any solutions yet?

Perhaps the program should use external browser, the way it does when it asks for a validation pin before you can import from Twitter?
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2015 at 5:08 PM
Hello,

the authorization scheme Facebook uses is different from the one Twitter uses. We have to have control over the browser windows in order to get the access_token after successful authentication and authorization so we have to use the built-in browser that the programming language offers. Since the programming language we use is C#, the built-in browser is Internet Explorer.

Maybe there is a security restriction in your Internet Explorer browser that causes this behavior (or a malware).

Regards,
Arber