Problem with Trusted Locations and install

Sep 26, 2014 at 12:01 AM
I'm getting the "Trusted Locations" error dialog and I've added the folder to my Excel trusted locations, to no avail.

I did look at this thread but it didn't help: http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/72820

NOTE: the folder I am using is a local cache (synced) folder for one of my OneDrive for Business (nee SharePoint / son of Groove) web stores, e.g. the folder which is on my local hard drive also syncs automatically to a web location on a SharePoint.
And yes, I have the latest version of Excel, IE, OneDrive for Business, and NodeXL installed. Here's the text of the dialog:
************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: This document contains custom code that cannot be loaded because the location is not in your trusted locations list: Taxonomy NodeXLGraph1.xlsx. If you trust this document you can save and open it from a location on your computer.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=99104.
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.RuntimeUtilities.VerifyDocumentIsTrusted(String documentFullLocation, String documentName, OfficeVersion officeVersion)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.GetAssemblyDataFromManifests(String solutionLocation, String manifestLocator, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, CustomizationType customizationType, OfficeVersion officeVersion, IHostServiceProvider interopServiceProvider)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.DomainCreator.CreateCustomizationDomainInternal(String solutionLocation, String manifestName, String documentName, Boolean showUIDuringDeployment, IntPtr hostServiceProvider, Boolean useFastPath, IntPtr& executor)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.40820.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34003 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Hosting.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.ServerDocument.dll
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2014 at 2:04 AM
Hello!

Thank you for the interest in NodeXL!

NodeXL is constrained by Excel's security rules.

Can you test if the files will open if they are in a local folder that is added to Trusted locations?

Can you test if any normal Excel file will open from the shared folder location?

Regards,

Marc
Sep 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM
Marc,
The folder I am using IS a local folder (C:\Users\dcr\SharePoint\Hilo - Documents). I manually added that folder to the trusted locations list and it still gives me the same error message.

Normal Excel files open just fine. I can create a new NodeXL Template document but after saving it to a location that is synchronized with SharePoint (via OneDrive for Business), the NodeXL addin won't load and gives the same error message. Documents saved to my desktop work fine but that location isn't network synchronized. This makes NodeXL unusable by my team :-(

Any help is appreciated.
thanks!
  • Dan (your old friend).