HELP - I lost the information from the vertices -

May 8, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Help! Somehow the vertices disappeared from the graph- the lables, the photos-- all I see are black dots and the edges. I must've moved something and don't know how to fix it. My graph is done and I need to present it tomorrow at 2 pm...it is 2;30 am and I'm still working on it. If someone could tell me what to do, I would really appreciate it. Thanks you!
Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Perhaps you can post the data set to NodeXL Graph Gallery and then post a pointer here. That way we could download and review the data and upload a corrected version.

Marc

Sent from my iPhone

May 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM
Thank you! That is such a kind offer; unfortunately I have names, photographs and other type info that i could not post publicly.

It almost seem like the vertices became disconnected from the graph b/c as i put the curser on one of the dots, it will not highlight the line that the dot represents--it won't move. On the other hand, if i do the same looking at edges, it dynamically moves to the info that the dot represents. Also, it's supposed th show the name as the curser hovers over the dot but it doesn't show that either.

I was already done and i was trying to find the best lay out when it happened. I was hoping it would be an easy problem to solve. I guess i need to come to terms that i may have to create a new graph and enter all that info again!

Thank you for responding to my question so quickly!

Sent from my iPad

Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Not sure what state your network is in, but you may be able to resolve the issue by exporting the data and importing it back into a blank NodeXL workbook.

-
Marc

May 8, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Yes, thank you! I will definitely try that. That's on the ribbon, right? I've never done that on NodeXL--that would be great if it works since i cannot copy and paste on some of the columns.

My network is in Southern CA.

Thank you Marc!

Sent from my iPad

Coordinator
May 8, 2014 at 3:53 PM
See: NodeXL>Data>Export and NodeXL>Data>Import in the ribbon.
May 8, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Will do! Thanks! I'll let you know if it works!

I'm still looking forward to impressing everyone with my link analysis graph in today's meeting! Wish me luck!

Sent from my iPad

May 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Might you have moved the "Scale" slider at the top of the graph pane? Moving that to the left will cause everything to shrink.

(The Scale slider might be hidden behind double-right-arrows if the graph pane is too narrow to show the slider.)

-- Tony
May 8, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Thank you! I did check on that and it doesnt seem to be it. MarcSmith suggesred i export the info onto another NXL page--see if i works!

Thanks for responding to my cry for help!

Sent from my iPad

May 13, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Update: I went ahead and exported the data onto a new NodeXL page and it worked! I had to do a bit of cleaning but all the data came through. I was not ready for the meeting but promised that I would send them the graph...thank you for all your help!

Sent from my iPad