How to add numerical value to the vertex

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I need to show vertices with their values (numbers) on each of them, not only their lables (names).
How to do this please?
Apr 5, 2014 at 4:38 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Do you want the labels to be just the numbers? If so, follow these steps:

1) In the Excel ribbon, go to NodeXL, Visual Properties, Autofill Columns.

2) In the Autofill Columns dialog box, select the Vertices tab.

3) On the Vertices tab, select the name of your numerical column in the drop-down list to the right of "Vertex Label".

4) Click the Autofill button. That will set the vertex labels to the values in your numerical column.

Or do you want the labels to consist of the vertex names and the numerical values? If so, you can use an Excel formula in the Label column on the Vertices worksheet that strings them together. Follow these steps:

1) Select the entire Label column on the Vertices worksheet and format the column as "General". This is important. (The column is formatted as Text by default, and formulas won't work in Text cells.)

2) Copy the following formula into every cell in the Label column:

=[@Vertex] & " " & [@MyNumbers]

This formula says "set the label in this cell to the name of this vertex followed by a space followed by the value in the MyNumbers column." You should change "MyNumbers" to the name of your numerical column.

-- Tony
Apr 5, 2014 at 5:00 AM
I meant to say "Label" column, not "Labels".

-- Tony
Apr 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Tony,
many thanks. Very helpful. I need both names and values. For example, MLI as a label outside the vertex and its value 18.9 inside the vertex as all my vertices are scaled to their respective values. I will try your formulae.
Also, my graph is directed and vertices are linked in both directions by bilateral flows. I need to show values on each edge but the labels overlap and look very awkward. I see a discussion of this here. Has it been solved?
Alexei
Apr 5, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Alexei:

Unfortunately, the overlapping edge and label problem has not been fixed yet.

-- Tony
Apr 5, 2014 at 7:10 PM
Tony
Can nodexl calculate minimum span tries?
Tx
Alexei

Sent from my iPhone

Apr 6, 2014 at 7:26 PM
Hello, Alexei:

I assume you mean minimum spanning trees. No, unfortunately NodeXL can't calculate those.

-- Tony