Missing NodeXL Tab in Excel

Mar 30, 2014 at 8:41 PM
Hi,

I am having an issue with NodeXL in that so far, I haven't been able to use it. I have no NodeXL tab in the ribbon and no graph pane, so it's completely not functional for me. The only error that I've seen is 'The type initializer for 'Systems.Window.Media.FontFamily' threw an exception', but when I click for details, it's just a blank box with no text. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, I've tried it in Safe Mode... no luck. Any suggestions?
Mar 31, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Hello, Emma:

This sounds like a Windows problem on your computer that is preventing NodeXL from working properly.

I found several reports of similar problems (not involving NodeXL) here:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/522003/precreatedefaultfamilycollection-fails-on-application-startup

To determine if the problem you're seeing is the same one reported on that page, can you please do the following:

1) In the Windows Start menu or Start page, search for "Command Prompt" and select "Command Prompt" from the search results.

2) In the Command Prompt window, enter "echo %windir%" (without quotes) and press Enter.

3) That will cause some new text to appear in the Command Prompt window, such as "C:\Windows". What is the text that appears?

-- Tony
Aug 9, 2015 at 11:12 PM
tcap479 wrote:
Hello, Emma:

This sounds like a Windows problem on your computer that is preventing NodeXL from working properly.

I found several reports of similar problems (not involving NodeXL) here:

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/522003/precreatedefaultfamilycollection-fails-on-application-startup

To determine if the problem you're seeing is the same one reported on that page, can you please do the following:

1) In the Windows Start menu or Start page, search for "Command Prompt" and select "Command Prompt" from the search results.

2) In the Command Prompt window, enter "echo %windir%" (without quotes) and press Enter.

3) That will cause some new text to appear in the Command Prompt window, such as "C:\Windows". What is the text that appears?

-- Tony
I have similar issue....with the tab/ribbon not appearing in a fresh install. I don't see any error message though.

When I do the echo %windir% ...the response is c:\windows