Souce Code-Help to solve the problem of compiling the source code with C# in Visual Studio 2013

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:30 PM
I've downloaded the latest source code on the net , but I'm having troubles getting it to compile. First let me give you my env:
windows 8 ;
Office 2013 ;
Visual Studio ;
When I try to load the NodeXL.sln file in Visual Studio 2013 I am always getting the following error:
Error 1 Can not find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store in the ExcelTemplate;
Error 2 Cannot find the metadata file “E:\study\java\Nodexl\nodexl-73876\NodeXL\ExcelTemplate\bin\Debug\Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.dll”
Error 4 “ Cannnot find Cannot find the metadata file E:\study\java\Nodexl\nodexl-73876\NodeXL\NetworkServer\bin\Debug\NodeXLNetworkServer.exe”
Error 5 Cannot find the metadata file :“E:\study\java\Nodexl\nodexl-73876\NodeXL\ExcelTemplate\bin\Debug\Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.dll”

However If I remove some of the projects such as all the projects related ExceTempate;
So I want to find the " Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.dll " but end with failure ;
The process is trapped in the step ; So what is the problem ? The source code is not complete? Help ==Thanks
Mar 3, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Visual Studio 2013 requires that the ExcelTemplate project be signed with a certificate. We do not provide our certificate (we can't, for security reasons), so you have to provide your own.

I don't have Visual Studio 2013 in front of me and so I'm having to type this from memory, but if you select the ExcelTemplate project in Solution Explorer, right-click it, and select "Properties", you should see a "Signing" tab on the left side of the Properties windows. Select that tab, then create your own self-signed certificate for Visual Studio to use. That should correct the build problem.

I will update the build instructions with this information. Thanks for pointing out the omission.

-- Tony
Marked as answer by shomy on 3/3/2014 at 9:38 PM
Mar 4, 2014 at 4:38 AM
Yeah! You said it ! I hava built the project successfully as what you said; Thank you very much.
I will continue to study the source code. Thank you
Mar 6, 2014 at 4:15 PM
(I've updated the HowToBuildNodeXL.txt file with instructions for creating a signing certificate. -- Tony)