error code on bootcamp

Jan 22, 2014 at 12:25 AM

using latest update (downloaded today); though i got this same error consistently on the previous version. please help!

NodeXL

An unexpected problem occurred. If it occurs again, please copy the details to the clipboard by typing Ctrl-C, then post the details to http://www.codeplex.com/NodeXL/Thread/List.aspx.

Details:

[ArgumentException]: An item with the same key has already been added.

at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary
2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)

at Smrf.AppLib.ExcelTableReader..ctor(ListObject table)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadVertexTable(ListObject oVertexTable, ReadWorkbookContext oReadWorkbookContext, IGraph oGraph, Boolean& bLayoutAndZOrderSet)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.VertexWorksheetReader.ReadWorksheet(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext, IGraph graph)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbookInternal(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.WorkbookReader.ReadWorkbook(Workbook workbook, ReadWorkbookContext readWorkbookContext)

at Smrf.NodeXL.ExcelTemplate.TaskPane.ReadWorkbook(Boolean bLayOutGraph)

OK

Jan 22, 2014 at 4:14 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2014 at 5:35 AM
The message is saying that you have two columns on the Vertices worksheet that have the same name. That's supposed to be impossible, so I'm not sure what happened.

I may eventually ask you to post one of these damaged workbooks, but let's try something simple first:
  1. Select the Vertices worksheet in one of the damaged workbooks.
  2. Select row 2 on the Vertices worksheet. That's the row with the column names: "Vertex", "Color", "Shape", and so on. You can select row 2 by clicking on the "2" to the left of "Vertex".
  3. Press Ctrl-C to copy the row into the Clipboard.
  4. Paste the row here, into this discussion, and I'll see if I can spot what's wrong. The pasted row should look something like this: Vertex Color Shape ...
-- Tony
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:45 AM
Hi Tony,
In currently traveling, so I'll need to get back to you on this. To get around it, I ended up opening a new document and copying and pasting all my data into the new file. That seemed to work well enough to get the few preliminary graphs that I needed to pull out of it. I've got a bunch more work to do with the data when I get back next week. I'll try to remember to post the row you'd like to look at. I'm pretty sure I've still got the corrupt file. In new to NodeXL, and so it's quite likely that I did something completely boneheaded.

Thanks for getting back to me!
Jean

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

tcap479 <[email removed]> wrote:

The message is saying that you have two columns on the Vertices worksheet that have the same name. That's supposed to be impossible, so I'm not sure what happened.

I may eventually ask you to post one of these damaged workbooks, but let's try something simple first:
  1. Select the Vertices worksheet in one of the damaged workbooks.
  2. Select row 2 on the Vertices worksheet. That's the row with the column names: "Vertex", "Color", and so on. You can select row 2 by clicking on the "2" to the left of "Vertex".
  3. Press Ctrl-C to copy the row into the Clipboard.
  4. Paste the row here, into this discussion, and I'll see if I can spot what's wrong. The pasted row should look something like this:
Vertex 1 Vertex 2 Color Width ...and so on

-- Tony