NodeXL and Twitter Lists in Arabic

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding NodeXL's ability to import Twitter Lists in Arabic. Has anyone had any success with extracting Twitter Lists in Arabic from Import--> From Twitter List Network, and being able to obtain a Twitter List that was created using Arabic? I tried using the English translation provided by Twitter as well as the percent-encoding found in the Twitter URL.

Any ideas? All help is greatly appreciated.

Dec 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM
It's a known bug. Please try the workaround outlined in "Twitter Search Network in NodeXL" at . That post mentions Cyrillic, but it should apply to Arabic as well.

-- Tony
Dec 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Thanks for the link Tony.

However, none of the solutions offered helped with this problem. I used the URL decoder/percent-encoding on lists with both single-word and multiple-word names and still received the same error.
Dec 23, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Can you post a sample name here? I'll try it, too. (With any luck, CodePlex won't mangle the Arabic characters.)

Dec 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Hi Tony, sorry for the delay. Here is a link to the Twitter List I have been trying to import:

Thanks again!
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Edited Dec 31, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Unfortunately, the bug workaround that works for the Twitter search network doesn't work for the Twitter list network, for reasons that I won't go into here. I'm going to have to track down and fix the root cause of the bug, and that will fix both networks. I'm not sure when that's going to happen, but I'll post a note here when it does.