Layout order position using CircleLayout C#

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I want to use the CircleLayout to show nodes in my application (C#). When I compare my application with template excel with same vertexs and same connections, I note an important difference.

Without use the Layout Order column in excel template, I noted that when I click on refresh graph, it draws graph in such a way as to minimize edges crossing (nodes are disposed automatically around circle), and when I invert 2 rows (for example Node 1 <> Node2 in work page "Vertices"), it has no influence on graph.

But in my application , there is an influence by this action when I add vertexs, and so, the Circle Layout does not allow to minimize edges crossing , so did I forget to define a parameter for Circle Layout in my application?

thanks for your help
Dec 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
In the NodeXL Excel Template, if you set Layout to "Circle" and you do not fill in the Layout Order column, then the vertices are laid out around the circle in the order that the vertices appear in the Vertices worksheet, starting at a polar coordinate of zero degrees and going clockwise around the circle. Absolutely no attempt is made to minimize edge crossings.

-- Tony