Not able to get the entire data

Dec 3, 2013 at 9:39 AM
I have been trying to get data of those following a political party on twitter. I have not been able to get the entire data as a message keeps coming that only part of the information can be obtained. Also is there a way I can get the data in installments
Dec 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
There should be a "Details" button in the message box that pops up telling you that "Part of the network you requested was obtained...". Please click the Details button and paste the details here.

No, there is no way to get the data in installments.

-- Tony
Dec 7, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Thanks. The detail button did not appear.....I need to download the details of all those who are following a party that has a very large following. After hours of waiting I find all I keep getting is that the entire data is not available......and this is so frustrating. Can you please suggest how this can be dealt with. Is there a limit to the data that can be downloaded.
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Hello!

Please have a look at this blog post about the limits Twitter imposes on access to the "follower" network:
 http://www.connectedaction.net/2013/06/11/over-the-edge-twitter-api-1-1-makes-follows-edges-hard-to-get/
Twitter no longer makes these queries practical.

I propose an alternative approach is to focus on the communication graph of who replies or mentions one another instead of the follows connections.

NodeXL will enable collection of the follower network, but Twitter's rate limits severely restrict its utility.

Regards,

Marc