Select edges of a certain group

Nov 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Hello

Here's my question: is it possible to automatically select all the edges pf a certain group (i have 10000 groups).

I know i can select the vertex of a group, but i would like to use the edges of a group only and work with them without selecting all the edges manually.

Thank you
Nov 26, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Try this:

1) Select the Groups worksheet.

2) Select a group on the Groups worksheet. That will select the vertices and edges in the group.

3) Right-click the graph pane.

4) On the right-click menu, select Deselect All, Vertices.

That will leave only the group's edges selected.

-- Tony
Nov 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Edited Nov 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM
if i right-click on the graph pane i'm getting this

am i wrong ?
Nov 27, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I assumed that you had already clicked the Show Graph button, and that a graph was being shown in the graph pane. In that case, right-clicking the graph pane should pop up a menu that contains many items, starting with "Select All," "Deselect All," and "Toggle Selection." Do you not get that menu?

-- Tony
Nov 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM
ok ... i had not done it because i needed the degree only, i'm gonna try right now and i let you know.

Thank you
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:15 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Yes, a graph has to be showing before you can use the edge and vertex selection features.

If your graph is very large, you don't care what it looks like, and you don't want to wait a long time for NodeXL to lay it out, then set NodeXL, Graph, Layout to "Random" before you show the graph. It will show much quicker that way.

-- Tony
Nov 28, 2013 at 7:10 PM
thank you.

Now, is it possible to export the selection to another file ? or have that selection in the edges worksheet ?
Nov 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM
let me explain better, i have 10k groups, the first one is very big, i want to analyze only the first one on the edge worksheet.

If i use the deselect vertices i select the edges only on the graph pane, am i wrong ?
Nov 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
solved...

Your solution was good, thank you, i had a memory problem, but now it works

GREAT !