import from twitter search network

Nov 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Hi there,
I'm trying to import an hashtag related to an event that continues from several days (elections in my region!). Every day I import the hash in order to follow the evolution of the network that stands on it. The problem is that from yesterday I noted that the network is too little because the tweet reached are only from yesterday itself.
Probably I'm making a mistake because I've read that the tweets are disponible for 7-9 days. Is It true? Anyone can help me?
is there also a way to join multiple nodexl database?

thanks in advance

Giseppe
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Hello, Giseppe:

Twitter decides which tweets it provides to programs like NodeXL, and the results vary widely with the search term and with time. If the search term is a popular topic, for example, the results might span only a day, while the results for infrequently-tweeted terms might span a week. Please see my October 26 post at http://nodexl.codeplex.com/discussions/463615 for more information about this.

We do not have a convenient, accurate way to combine multiple NodeXL workbooks. Some people have used copy-and-paste to manually combine them, but that can result in duplicate rows in both the Edges and Vertices worksheets, with unpredictable results.

-- Tony
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Hi Tony,
First of all thanks a lot for your fast response. What a great interaction....then we are not alone !:)

Now,.... I've read your post before writing mine and I learn about Twitter behavior! My question it's just for understand how some web platform (like Topsy, kyole) are able to response with every (or maybe quite every) tweets.....
Maybe are they interact differently with Twitter ?

Can you suggest me other way to do a SNA for entire period of tweet generation about my hashtag?

Thanks for your attention

Giuseppe
Nov 12, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Hello, Giuseppe:

Topsy is a Twitter partner. They have access to a complete archive of tweets, which they sell to clients willing to pay for them. In contrast, NodeXL uses Twitter's free API service, which as you know provides only a fraction of all tweets.

I'm not familiar with kyole.

I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions for getting more complete results, but perhaps someone else reading this has some ideas.

-- Tony
Nov 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
ok
thanks a lot Tony
I'll try some other methods, I'll try copy and past .....

however I expect tips from someone
:P

Thankyou