defining period of search in twitter

Sep 5, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I am interested in importing from Twitter search network from a search term, but I need to define a period of search (for examle from june/2013 to august/2013. How can I do it with NodeXL? Can someone help me? Tanks
Sep 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Edited Sep 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
You can enter advanced "date range" operators in the search term box in the Import from Twitter Search Network dialog box. For example, if you enter this into the search term box:
NodeXL since:2013-09-03 until:2013-09-04
...then you'll get the tweets between those two days. You can read about these and other operators by clicking the "Advanced search help" link in the dialog box.

However, Twitter severely limits how far back you can go. Here is what Twitter says about that:
"The Search API is not complete index of all Tweets, but instead an index of recent Tweets. At the moment that index includes between 6-9 days of Tweets."
(The "Search API" is what NodeXL uses to get tweets from Twitter.) The unfortunate result is that you will not be able to get the June-through-August tweets that you want. There is no way to do that in NodeXL.

-- Tony
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Tank you Tony
However, I did some tests using the advanced operators and I had confusing results:

wordX since:2013-09-03 until:2013-09-04 Normal 0 21 false false false PT-BR X-NONE X-NONE From: tcap479
You can enter advanced operators in the search term box in the Import from Twitter Search Network dialog box that will specify a date range. For example, if you enter this into the search term box:

NodeXL since:2013-09-03 until:2013-09-04

...then you'll get the tweets between those two days. You can read about these and other operators by clicking the "Advanced search help" link in the dialog box.

However, Twitter severely limits how far back you can go. Here is what Twitter says about that:

"The Search API is not complete index of all Tweets, but instead an index of recent Tweets. At the moment that index includes between 6-9 days of Tweets."

(The "Search API" is what NodeXL uses to get the tweets from Twitter.) The unfortunate result is that you will not be able to get the June-through-August tweets that you want. There is no way to do that in NodeXL.

-- Tony
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Sep 5, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Your most recent post got garbled. If you have another question, please post it again.

-- Tony