Silverlight?

Jan 27, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Are there any plans to have a Silverlight viewer for NodeXL?  I'm looking at some different options for creating interactive network visualizations within a web environment and would love to see NodeXL be the thing to fill my need.  Is a Silverlight viewer in any of your current plans?  If not, who can I bribe? :)

Cheers,
Steve
Jan 28, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Steve:

We are indeed switching our visualization layer from GDI+ to WPF, which is why there hasn't been a NodeXL release in a while.  WPF opens the door to a number of features that would be more difficult with GDI+, including zooming and scaling.

It also opens the door to a Silverlight port, and a NodeXL Web presence has come up repeatedly in our discussions.  However, we have a long list of features we're eager to add to NodeXL and we have limited resources (a team of researchers with one programmer), so there are no definite plans at the moment for Silverlight.

-- Tony
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:39 AM
Hey Tony,

The move to WPF is great news.  Do you have any idea when an initial WPF release will make it's way to CodePlex?  I'd be more then happy to do some work to try and get the WPF version running in Silverlight.  I've been doing a little bit of experimentation with this:

http://fluxcapacity.net/2007/09/01/a-silverlight-graph-visualizer/

...with reasonable success.  Are you open to accepting contributions to NodeXL?