mouse action: right click; manual layout

Aug 15, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Working on Win 7 Pro, NodeXL v. 245, when I place the mouse in. e.g., the Color column and right-click I don't get the NodeXL context menu, including Select Color, but rather the general Excel context menu (copy, cut, etc).

Perhaps related to this, left clicks in the graph pane do not select edges or vertices; and I don't seem to be able to do manual layout.
Aug 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM
I've uninstalled and re-installed by right-clicking and selecting "run as administrator." The left-button problem has been corrected: I can now select vertices and drag them around, but the right-button click still gives me the generic Excel context menu. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks!
Aug 16, 2013 at 4:01 AM
The context menu problem is a known bug. It occurs only on some computers, and I haven't yet found the cause. (It doesn't occur on any of my own computers, which makes it hard to track down.) What language do you use on your computer? I'm wondering if it occurs only on non-English machines.

I haven't heard of any left-click problems in the graph pane, and I don't know why reinstalling the program would have fixed it. If it happens again, please let me know.

-- Tony
Aug 16, 2013 at 10:53 AM
The language is English US, and the computer is Samsung Series 9. Thank you for your help.

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Edited Aug 16, 2013 at 4:02 PM
One more question, please. When you right click a NodeXL workbook cell (cell A3 on the Edges worksheet, for example), what is the first group of items that appears in the context menu? Does the first group look exactly like the following?

Paste Special...

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Paste Options (with two options: keep source or destination formatting)
Paste Special