Feature request

Jan 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM
Edited Jan 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM
First I like to thank the developers for bringing forth such a useful utility. I've been using it a while and like it q lot with the exception of a few minor annoyance. So I will disclose these here:

1. I find it very annoying that I cannot save my options settings. Whenever I transfer between my laptop and desktop, it seems that the option settings are not saved. When you have a nice looking graph, I want to keep the setting for all other graphs that I make. I don't want to have to re-enter all the setting manually. I would like to just click 1 button to load the default setting that I like. On that note, I think that the selection of the colors for various objects can be choosen from a color pallet rather than the names of the color through a scroll menu.

2. If I save the file on a network drive and try to open it, it will give me an error saying that
"The customization assembly could not be found or could not be loaded. etc..."
and the details will says
"Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain.
************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this program will not work because the location of ni-nx2.xlsx is not in the Office Trusted Locations list, or all trusted locations are disabled. Contact your administrator for further assistance."

3. I would really love to be able to save the image in a eps, or other vector based image formats rather than pixel based image formats. Many of the graphs are large and will be nice to have a resolution independent format for saving them.

4. The display algorithm seem to have a tendency to put the most densely connected nodes together, where as usually we like to see them far apart. I can pull them apart and lock them down, but it would much nicer if the display engine could figure this out.

That is about it. Thanks and hope someone looks into this.

-mich