Selected point on model is not corresponding to highlighted data

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Right now, all the points on my model are black and when I select one, it turns red. Prior to just now, whichever point was red would correspond to my data. As in, whichever point I selected, that data point on my data chart would be selected. But now, when I select a point, nothing happens on my data. I can constantly change the point I select and no data is highlighted. It's very important for me to see what data corresponds to which point. How did I mess this up? What can I do to fix this?
Jul 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I don't know what happened, but have you tried refreshing the graph to see if that fixes the problem? (If your vertices are exactly where you want them and you don't want them to move when you refresh the graph, set NodeXL, Graph, Layout to "None" before doing so.)

If that doesn't help, you can post your workbook and I'll see if I can tell what's wrong. You can't post anything in these Discussions, but you can create a new "Issue" at and attach the workbook there. You don't have to explain anything in the Issue; I'll know what it is.

-- Tony
Jul 24, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Thanks so much. I've refreshed and I know that's not the problem. I don't have access to my workbook right now, but I will in the morning and I'll post it. Thanks again.

Jul 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Tony, I've posted my workbook in the "Issues" section. I'd really appreciate if you took a look. Thanks!
Jul 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I'll need the workbook file--MyWorkbook.xlsx, for example. You posted an image of the workbook.

-- Tony
Jul 24, 2013 at 8:09 PM
Oh, I see. I don't know why I thought you meant a screenshot. But, actually (miraculously) it started working again today after I closed the program and opened it for the third time. I guess the third time is the charm. Thanks for your help!